Home » Theresa May
Category Archives: Theresa May
Bare-faced cheek as Theresa May discusses ‘humanitarian law’ with Saudi Arabia as she tramples on rights of disabled in UK
Theresa May has the bare-faced cheek to discuss ‘humanitarian law’ with Saudi Arabia while selling weapons to them. All this is going on while she is knowingly in breach of United Nations articles to protect her own people in the UK.
Backup to UK breaching disabled peoples’ rights.
These are official documents that include details of deep cuts to police numbers published too late to be scrutinised by MPs.
• We have fewer police officers. A drop of 0.7% to 123,142 police officers across all ranks in England and Wales at the end of March this year. This is the lowest number at the end of a financial year since comparable records began in 1996.
• We have fewer soldiers. The number of full-time soldiers has fallen by 7,000 in the last three years. Across the Army, Air Force and the Navy there are currently 570 fewer service personnel than in June 2016.
• Britain has sold £3.3bn worth of arms to Saudi Arabia in the past two years alone, including licences for aircraft, drones, grenades, and missiles. The Foreign Office report said the UK is “deeply concerned about the application of the death penalty” in Saudi Arabia and restrictions on freedom of expression, as well as women’s rights.
• Decision to scrap the electrification of train lines, which had been heralded as a way of making the rail network faster, greener and cleaner, after massive budget overruns of billions of pounds. The pledge was made by David Cameron in 2012 but has proven to be a waste of time and money.
• A statement showing UK plans to opt into new Brussels regulations allowing for more cross-border police cooperation in cases where children are at risk of parental abduction.
• A report showing that schools and colleges do not currently have the capacity to teach all pupils maths until they are 18, with about a decade needed to expand capacity.